Thursday, January 6, 2011

Inspiration for the day

"It's not having everything go right it's facing whatever goes wrong. It's not being without fear; it's having the determination to go on in spite of it. Remember that every day ends and brings a new tomorrow. Love what you do. Do the best you can. And always remember
how much you are loved."

-Vickie M. Washam




"I don't know if I have what it takes for everyone's regular plan."

"It is hard to put into words how exciting this life really is!"
___________________________________
January 2011

Every year, since I was in Middle School, I can remember my mother always giving me a letter of inspiration and encouragement at New Year's and even more recently, before I would head back to school for each semester. This year was not any different. Since Mother's tend to know all, my mom knew that this past year had been a particular challenge for me... full of change and much struggle; with much joy included, however.
These lines were particularly helpful to me and I hope they are to you as well:

"...Dad and I were talking and listening to Diane Sawyer last night, and she said something that really touched both of us about her father being a gentle man, a man who could fix anything, sound familiar, and yes he was raised on a farm. A private man, but a man who had integrity- this is what he said to her,

1. Do what you love!
2. Do it in an adventurous place!
3. Make sure it helps people!

This is it, simply our code and wish for you!

Love, Mom and Dad

God speed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment